If you are using a GeForce 200-series or 8800 series or a 9 series desktop GPU then you will surely be excited about the good news you have. The new NVIDIA GeForce has releases their new 180 drivers that will surely give your system a performance boast, which means that it will increase your computer system performance. Most of the people have downloaded and also installed the latest GeForce Release 180 drivers or the 180.48 drivers of NVIDIA for their GTX 280 systems and GTX 260 systems and they have found a noticeable and dramatic difference in the performance of their computer system.
NVIDIA are actually very frank about boasting their new drivers. They have also released some highlights that make some courageous claims. NVIDIA states that this new GeForce release 180 drivers will
- Increase the performance to nearly about 18 percent in the world of conflicts
- Increase the performance to nearly about 80 percent for Lost Planet: Colonies
- Increase the performance to nearly about 18 percent in Race Driver: GRID
- Increase the performance to nearly about 38 percent in Far Cry 2
- Increase performance to up to 25 percent in the Devil May Cry 4
- Nearly 10 percent performance increase for Crysis Warhead
- Increase the performance to nearly 15 percent for Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
- It increases the performance in BioShock to nearly 13 percent
- The same performance increase of 13 percent in Assassin’s Creed and
- Increase performance to nearly 10 percent in 3DMark Vantage the performance preset.
With some of the quick tests that were carried out on Vista Ultimate 64-bit system that had GTX 260/QZ9770 and 8GB of RAM which is system that is daily used but is not optimized for gaming and the tests showed some remarkable improvements in its performance. These performance increases are:
- World of Conflicts to nearly 11 percent
- Far Cry 2 to nearly 18 percent
- Crysis Warhead to nearly 7 percent and
- 3DMark Vantage showed up nearly 7 percent performance increase.
Apart from this there an overall system performance increase was also observed. Those who conducted the tests feel that the graphics were much smoother and also the odd hesitation that were felt before in most parts of the Far Cry 2 and Crysis Warhead games which both run at very high graphics quality was entirely vanished. These are surely some of the best results that you can avail from a driver update.
Additionally NVIDIA has also included some new features like:
- Enables NVIDIA PhysX acceleration for a keen GeForce graphics card as it used one card is used for graphics while dedicates a different card for PhysX processing for the changing physical effects in the game.
- NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support is enabled letting you utilize two monitors supported by GeForce cards under SLI mode. Through this feature you can easily switch between a 3D gaming mode in full-screen and multi-monitor desktop mode.
- It enables NVIDIA SLI technology for SLI certified Intel X58-based motherboards that have GPU as GeForce 9800 GTX, GeForce 9800 GTX+, GeForce 9800 GX2, GeForce GTX 260 and GeForce GTX 280.